At St Nicholas CE Primary School, Safeguarding is very important to us. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care.
Our Safeguarding Leads are:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – Jill Watson, Headteacher
- Deputy Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Belinda Bolar, Deputy Head
- Deputy Deputy Safeguarding Lead & Looked After – Sarah Salisbury
- Designated Safeguarding Governor & Looked After Governor – Philippa Tandoh
We have a number of policies and procedures that support our Safeguarding commitment:-
- Child Protection Policy
- KCSiE 2023 (Part 1)
- Online Safety Policy
- SAST Staff Code of Conduct
- SAST Parent & Visitor Code of Conduct
Worried about a child’s safety?
If you are concerned about a child in Dorset and want to speak to someone contact the Children’s Advice and Duty Service (CHAD) which is a single point of contact for safeguarding concerns on 01305 228866.
More info can be found at: Pan-Dorset Safeguarding Children Partnership - Pan-Dorset Safeguarding Children Partnership (pdscp.co.uk)
If a child is in immediate danger or left alone, you should contact the police or call an ambulance immediately on 999 or 101 for specialised Police Services.
Childline: 0800 1111
Please click here to go to the Dorset Safeguarding and Children Board website. On this website you will find information about how to keep children safe from abuse and neglect and what to do if a child is being harmed.
Information for parents
Please click here to read the Dorset Safeguarding Children’s Board information for parents and young people leaflet – Child protection and your school.
Help for those who have experienced domestic abuse
Domestic Abuse helpline for Dorset (You First)
0800 032 5204
We run termly ‘Family Support Days’ in conjunction with the North Dorset Family Partnership Zone. These days offer parents the chance to meet with our support worker who can offer advice and support or signpost parents to relevant courses or workshops that offer strategies on many aspects of parenting.
If you would like to know more about these, please contact Mrs Salisbury.
- NSPCC This website contains some very useful information. We use their resources for lots of things, including training and support.
- Working in partnership with local agencies We work closely with local agencies and providers in order to keep children safe. Click on the link above for more information from the Dorset Safeguarding Children Board.
Information for Parents
Below are some useful links and websites which may help to support you and your child:-
- Connect Safely
- Safer Internet
- SWGfL Parent E-Safety Fact Sheet
Exploring Possibilities Together - "With God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26)