We believe that school uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of our school. The aim of our school uniform is to present a smart appearance that promotes a sense of belonging and pride in our school. We thank parents for supporting our Uniform Policy.
Children should not wear jewellery to school as a matter of safety, also we cannot accept responsibility for such items. The only exception is for children with pierced ears. Under these circumstances plain studs may be worn as long as pupils are able to remove them themselves for PE. The best option is not to wear them on PE days.
Older children in Key Stage 2 may wear watches, which must be removed before PE or swimming lessons, and for which the child remains entirely responsible.
Make-up, including nail polish, is not appropriate in school. Haircuts should be neat and tidy. Extreme haircuts are discouraged.
- Maroon sweatshirt (with logo) or maroon cardigan (with logo). Branded Item required.
- White shirts / Polo Shirts. Required.
- Grey/Black tailored trousers or Grey/black skirts or pinafores. Required.
- Black school shoes (no trainers, heels or boots). Required.
- Grey / white socks or grey tights. Required.
- We also have a smart and practical school fleece for warmer weather and a waterproof jacket for winter.
(All of these items can be ordered from the school office). Optional.
- White polo shirt. Required.
- Maroon sweatshirt / cardigan with logo. Branded item required.
- Grey smart tailored trousers / tailored shorts. Required.
- If preferred, maroon/red and white checked dresses (without adornments). Required.
- Plain white or grey socks. Required.
- Black school shoes - please note that open-toed sandals are not suitable. Required.
This consists of
- White t-shirt. Required.
- Black or Blue shorts. Required.
- Plimsolls & trainers for KS1 and trainers for KS2. Required.
- Black or blue jogging bottoms. Optional.
- White socks (a change from what is worn throughout the day). Optional.
The P.E. kit should be kept in school in a bag all week. Jewellery should not be worn for PE and long hair should be tied back (this applies to both girls and boys). P.E. kit bags are available to buy from the school office.
- Swimming costumes. Required.
- Swimming hat. Required.
- Swimming towel. Required.
- Swimming Bag. Required
Plus a SCHOOL BOOK BAG – with school logo - Children will need a school book bag for taking home reading books. Branded item required.
Branded items should be purchased from the school office. For further details and up to date pricing please ring the school office on 01258 860581.
If anyone is interested in secondhand uniform, please contact the school office for further information.
PLEASE CLEARLY MARK ALL CLOTHES WITH YOUR CHILD'S NAME
Because of restricted space on their pegs, we ask that the children do not bring personal items in. Only children in Years 5 & 6 are allowed a small rucksack, we ask that all other year groups use a book bag for their belongings.
Children are not permitted to bring mobile phones into school. If for some exceptional circumstance children need to bring a mobile phone into school, it should be handed into the school office for safe keeping during school hours.