At the beginning of each term, representatives from each class are elected. We also vote for a chair person, vice-chairperson.
At the meetings we decide what we do well and what we could do to improve the school. We don’t just decide ourselves but ask our classmates too through questionnaires and surveys. We also help to put the School Development Plan priorities into language we can understand and do our bit to help to achieve them. In 2017-18 our priorities are:
- To improve our maths – we want to be able to recall our times tables quickly and use what we know to work out things we don’t!
- To help boys achieve well in writing and reading
- To make sure everyone understands what it means to be a church school
- Involve us in our own assessment , so we know what we need to do to improve.
- We want to be challenged-we love it!
Throughout the year we feed back to our classmates to let them know how we were doing.
We ask the children for their opinions
The School Council is important to us because we are listened to and we can help make our school a really great place to learn!