The Governors core functions are to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Hold the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent. The Accounts for the Financial Year 2016 2017 are here.
The Full Governing Body, with the Headteacher, has overall responsibility for the strategic running of the school. This includes the curriculum, appointment of staff, managing the school’s finances, maintenance of the building and grounds and approving and reviewing policies and, most importantly, setting the strategic direction and ethos of the school. The Headteacher is in charge of the day-to-day leadership and management of the school.
There are a total of twelve places on the Full Governing Body. As this is a Voluntary Aided Church of England School, the majority of the places (seven) are appointed by the Church, these are called Foundation Governors. The remaining places are taken by the Headteacher, one staff governor (elected by the staff), two parent governors (elected by parents) and a governor appointed the local education authority. The Full Governing Body meets at least once a term. Minutes of the last Full Governing Body meeting can be seen on the notice-board in the school office. Two committees of the Full Governing Body meet regularly (at least once a term). The Resources Committee deals with finance, staffing and salaries and environmental issues whilst the Policy Committee reviews policies and policy documents and either approves them or makes recommendations to the Full Governing Body.
Most of the governors are also actively involved in the day-to-day life of the school having specific ‘monitoring’ responsibilities for year groups and/ or subject areas. They observe and monitor classes and engage in ‘learning walks’.
- Instrument of Government
- Standing Orders
- Resources Committee Terms of Reference
- Policy Committee Terms of Reference
- Code of Conduct
- Scheme for Paying Governors Allowances
- Current Governors
- Governor Responsibilities 2018-19
- Register of Business Interests 2018-19
- Governor Strategic Action Plan 2017-18
- Governor Action Plan 2018-19
Date of next Full Governing Body meeting:
Thursday 19 September 2019
Minutes of the Full Governing Body are available in the School Office.
- Co-Chairs of Governors: Mrs Carol Wee and Vacant
- Vice Chair of Governors: Vacant
- Chair of the Resources Committee: Mrs Carol Wee
- Chair of the Policy Committee: Mrs Lynne Crighton
If you are interested in becoming a governor or have any questions about the work of the Full Governing Body or its committees please click here firstname.lastname@example.org to contact Mr Robert Wellen, the Clerk to the Governing Body.