The Governors core functions are to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Hold the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Please use the link below to analyse our school's financial information and compare our school's income and expenditure with similar establishments in England https://schools-financial-benchmarking.service.gov.uk/School?urn=113796
The Full Governing Body, with the Headteacher, has overall responsibility for the strategic running of the school. This includes the curriculum, appointment of staff, managing the school’s finances, maintenance of the building and grounds and approving and reviewing policies and, most importantly, setting the strategic direction and ethos of the school. The Headteacher is in charge of the day-to-day leadership and management of the school.
There are a total of twelve places on the Full Governing Body. As this is a Voluntary Aided Church of England School, the majority of the places (seven) are appointed by the Church, these are called Foundation Governors. The remaining places are taken by the Headteacher, one staff governor (elected by the staff), two parent governors (elected by parents) and a governor appointed the local authority. The Full Governing Body meets at least once a term. Minutes of the last Full Governing Body meeting can be seen on the notice-board in the school office.
Most of the governors are also actively involved in the day-to-day life of the school having specific ‘monitoring’ responsibilities for year groups and/ or subject areas. They observe and monitor classes and engage in ‘learning walks’.
- Instrument of Government
- Standing Orders
- Code of Conduct
- Scheme for Paying Governors Allowances
- Current Governors
- Governors attendance 2022-23
- Governors attendance 2021-22
- Governor Link Roles
- Register of Business Interests
- Governors Action Plan 2022-2023
Date of next Full Governing Body meeting: 12 October 2023
Minutes of the Full Governing Body are available from the School Office.
- Chair of Governors: Mrs Lynne Crighton
- Vice Chair of Governors: Mrs Lauren Radburn
If you are interested in becoming a governor or have any questions about the work of the Full Governing Body please email the Clerk to the Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org.