At St Nicholas CE VA Primary School, Safeguarding is very important to us. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care.
Our Safeguarding Leads are:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – Jill Watson, Headteacher
- Deputy Deputy Safeguarding Lead – Sarah Salisbury
- Designed Safeguarding Governor – Sammy Upton
We have a number of policies and procedures that support our Safeguarding commitment:-
- Child Protection Policy
- KCSiE 2019 (Part 1)
- E Safety Policy
- Staff Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct for Visitors and Volunteers
In addition to this we run termly ‘Family Support Days’ in conjunction with the North Dorset Family Partnership Zone. These days offer parents the chance to meet with our support worker who can offer advice and support or signpost parents to relevant courses or workshops that offer strategies on many aspects of parenting.
If you would like to know more about these, please contact Mrs Salisbury.
- NSPCC This website contains some very useful information. We use their resources for lots of things, including training and support.
- Working in partnership with local agencies We work closely with local agencies and providers in order to keep children safe. Click on the link above for more information from the Dorset Safeguarding Children Board.
Information for Parents
Below are some useful links and websites which may help to support you and your child:-
- Connect Safely
- Safer Internet
- SWGfL Parent E-Safety Fact Sheet
- E-Safety Newsletter Autumn 2019
- E-Safety Newsletter Summer 2019